Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media platforms on the web. In less than a year Pinterest’s Users have increased by more than 2,000%, with 80% of the users being female and the average American spends over an hour on the site every time they visit it.(Source: http://www.viralblog.com).
Pinterest can be used in many industries and businesses and help promote your company’s offerings, new services or products and showcase different events. The idea of Pinterest are easy to use ideas, showcasing projects that are important to you and showing off information that can be easily understood and enjoyed by the readers.
Many groups create DIY (Do-it-Yourself) projects with written out directions and photos to accompany these tasks. These work well for businesses that can showcase their products within a DIY project. Showcasing beautiful pictures of outfits, for example, is a simple idea but hundreds of people pin the idea of the outfit so that they can refer back to it at another point.
Pinterest can be molded into a social media plan for your business with the right direction. Research is the key and if you are unaware of Pinterest and all of it’s glory, here are some step-by-step instructions on how you can learn about the medium and starting creating your own content for your company.
- Start by Creating and setting up your username and password.
- Searching the various companies and styles of posts that people post is very important. This is where your research will begin.
- Search, pin and follow other people’s ideas, DIY projects and learn how companies include aspects of their business, offers or products into these postings.
- Find a company that is similar to yours and see how people search their posts.
- Use the research and information you have found about similar companies and create a Pinterest marketing plan that will work to your benefit.
Pinterest is one of the hottest and larger growing social media platforms in the world and if you have done your homework, as listed above, you should have a clear understanding of what has the potential to work well for you and your company and how others have failed along the way. With a smartly planned and well-executed Pinterest plan you can make a name for your company in the newest social media spectrum.